back to home > Connect > FAQ


Q: What is HKU SPACE Alumni?
A: The Alumni is dedicated to the building of active and lifelong relationship amongst alumni members, and between the School and the Alumni, while contributing to promote adult education and lifestyle enrichment for the whole community. To know more about the HKU SPACE Alumni and its services and benefits, you may visit:
Alumni Email
Q: Do I have to pay for the email account?
A: It is a free personal email account for Alumni members.
Q: How can I access the email account?
A: First log on the Alumni Portal and click "Connect". Then, click "Alumni Email" and your Alumni email inbox shall be shown right away.
Lifelong Learner Card
Q: How can I re-apply for Lifelong Learner Card if it gets lost?
A: Obtain an Application Form for Replacement of Lifelong Learner Card from any of HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, hand in the form with a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage and pay a HK processing fee. The re-issued Lifelong Learner Card will be sent to you by mail.
Q: How long can I get the Lifelong Learner Card?
A: As soon as your registration form and a passport photo are received, Alumni Affairs and Development Office would process your registration. You would receive a membership card by mail in 3-4 weeks. If you need a membership card urgently, please register in person at the Alumni Affairs and Development Office (Address: 6/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong). A temporary membership card would be issued for in-person registration.
Q: Who is entitled to be Lifelong Learner Card holder?
A: From early February 2007 onwards, HKU SPACE introduced an all-new Lifelong Learner Card (LLC) to students of HKU SPACE and members of HKU SPACE ALUMNI. This LLC serves a dual purpose, first as the identification of students (currently for part-time students) and second, for identification for the HKU SPACE ALUMNI members. Cardholders will enjoy discounts and special offers for HKU SPACE ALUMNI upon presentation of the card.
ALUMNI Membership Application
Q: Do you charge membership fee?
A: The HKU SPACE ALUMNI Council rescinded its previous decision to charge membership fee at its 21 February 06 Council Meeting. Student or staff, current or past is invited to join the HKU SPACE ALUMNI as an Ordinary Members free of charge until further notice. If you wish to have a lifelong affiliation with HKU SPACE ALUMNI, you may send in a completed application with a cheque of HK1,000 payable to 'HKU SPACE ALUMNI' for a Life membership (Address: 6/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong) Life member enjoys privileges such as invitations to special events, priority registration for alumni activities and exclusive benefits.
Q: What is the privilege of being an ALUMNI member?
A: As a member of HKU SPACE ALUMNI, you would enjoy the following members' privileges:
- 10% discount at HKU SPACE Chinese Medicine Clinics & Pharmacies
- Invitations to professional enhancement, lifestyle enrichment and networking activities
- Enjoy a free personal email account
- Discounts on shopping, tour, hotels, food and beverages and more
For details of members' privileges, please click here.
Graduate Support Services
Q: Can I access the library after graduation?
A: Yes. You may gain access to the HKU Libraries by joining the HKU Libraries' Circle of Friends at exclusive charges. If you having applied for a HKUL card during your study at HKU SPACE. Application should be made via the HKU Library's online application form ( or in person at the HKU Libraries located in the main HKU campus. for enquiries, please call tel: 2910 7680 (Alumni Affairs and Development Office) or tel: 2859 8903 (HKU Main Library).
Q: Can I apply for a copy of transcript / replacement of award certificates?
A: Yes, graduate may request a transcript after completion of a programme carrying a formal award. Please approach the relevant programme staff. The School Academic Award Certificate is a unique document. In accordance with University policy and under normal circumstances, no duplicate will be issued. In case of the loss of or damage to an origial certificate, or when there is a legal name change, please refer to the "Regulations Governing the Issue of Replacement Award Certificates" obtainable from any HKU SPACE Learning Centre for the relevant procedures. If you need a replacement copy of Statement of Attendance / Achievement, please also file an application with a fee at any HKU SPACE Learning Centres.